Vision for Blacks In Government has been codified in the
National Constitution of Blacks in Government ® (BIG)
We believe that Blacks in government should have the opportunity for full, complete and equitable access to jobs, education, advancement, housing and health services, and that they must have recourse in adverse situations without discrimination because of race.
We further believe that Blacks should unite in order to obtain and secure the rights and privileges of full citizenship participation. It is necessary to develop a mechanism for inclusion, growth and power for all present and future Black employees in Federal, State and local governments.
Therefore, we, the members of Blacks In Government (BIG), in order to act as an advocate for the employment and general welfare of Blacks employed in Federal, State and local governments and to establish a national network of Black Federal, State and local government employees, do hereby establish this constitution for a national organization of Blacks in government.
Click Here to View the National BIG Constitution
BIG Goals and Objectives:
- To be an advocate of equal opportunity for Blacks in government.
- To eliminate practices of racism and racial discrimination against Blacks in government.
- To promote professionalism among Blacks in government.
- To develop and promote programs which will enhance ethnic pride and educational opportunities for Blacks in government.
- To establish a mechanism for the gathering and dissemination of information to Blacks in government.
- To provide a nonpartisan platform on major issues of local, regional, and national significance that affect Blacks in government.